Informed Consent Policy
Author(s) should comply with the following conditions in order to meet ethical and legal standards for work with human subjects:
Participants in your research should be informed that
- you will be conducting research in which they will be the participants or that you would like to write about them for publication.
- participation is voluntary, that there is no penalty for refusing to participate, and that the participants may withdraw at any time without penalty.
Participants in your research should be informed about
- the purpose of your research and the procedure you will follow in the research.
- contact information that they can reach you for answers to questions regarding the research.
- any foreseeable risks and discomforts involved in agreeing to cooperate.
- any possible direct benefits of participating (e.g., receiving a copy of the article or chapter).
Participants in your research should be informed if and how their confidentiality will be protected.